We had the most fun time picking out and decorating our first family Christmas tree. We wanted to save some money, so we decided to not buy ornaments and instead string popcorn and cranberries. We both had never done this before, so it was a learning experience and if you follow these tips it is really is quite simple and fun!
- What you need:
- Popcorn, cranberries, fishing line and a needle
- Use stale popcorn or the popcorn will crumble. I popped the corn the night before and left it in the fridge to accelerate the process.
- Try to only use the harder cranberries because the soft ones are somewhat messy and might stain the popcorn.
- Have your popcorn garland be no longer than 4- 5 ft. If you do it too long, it can get tangled easily.
- Always start with a cranberry and end with popcorn.
- Don’t use burnt popcorn because then your living room will smell like burnt popcorn all month long.